Friday, October 10, 2008

Drop of the Puck

A few thoughts as the Jackets' season begins tonight.

I was surprised when the Blue Jackets left Nikita Filatov, the No. 6 pick in the 2008 Entry Draft, off the roster and shipped him to Syracuse of the AHL. I realize the position is one of the few slots of strength (with Nash, Picard, Murray and Modin), but the rookie looks to have star potential. I don't imagine we will have to wait long to see him in Ohio. Bummer to see Malhotra injured again. Injuries to Manny and Torres out of the gate change the feel of the team. At Dallas for the opener will be a tough matchup. I will be trying the free preview of NHL Gamecenter, the league's Internet push for the year. At $150 for the season it is tempting though I wasn't too happy to see the addition of "selected" playoff games.

No comments:

Post a Comment